Traveling Light: Skiing in Aspen
For some reason this was one of the hardest trips for me to pack for. I was struggling to find the balance between cute, cozy, and practical. This list has some things that really worked for me and some that I didn't bring but wish I did!
What to bring
- Fleece-lined leggings like these from Athleta. You'll want to wear them under your ski pants and for other outdoor adventures
- Hats and headbands. Forget the straightener.. these are your new best friends this weekend
- Tight under layer. Lululemon has great warm and cute ones.
- Ski gear: pants, jacket, goggles. Check amazon before you go! There is some great, cheap stuff especially if you're not looking to drop some serious $$ on gear.
- Fleece pull over. Aspen style was big on layering, so have fun with it!
- Snow boots. You will wear these everywhere. I brought another pair of booties for going out at night, but you could get away with wearing snow boots then too!
- Bathing suit. Cause hot tubs happen
- Bulky sweaters. Great for traveling to and from and throwing over everything
- Flannel Shirt. Key for layering and always really cute with snow / hiking boots
- Leather leggings. I've been obsessed with these ones from Spanx. They can go both with athleisure and night out attire.
- One to two nice tops. For night outs. These can be / are encouraged to be sweaters!
- Sunscreen! No one wants leather skin at 45, and snow is very reflective, even on those cloudy days.
If you're going soon, almost everything that I tagged was on sale! Love those post season deals.
What are some of your ski trip staples? Comment below!